Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."
-defined by William Lee Rand, International Center for Reiki Training
Reiki I & II ~ The Traditions & Symbols
Modified Usui System of Reiki
Reiki I – The Traditions
You will get gently introduced and quickly acquainted to looking at the world through “Reiki Eyes.” By methods already discussed in Learning Reiki, the process of uncovering a new world of energy beneath the visible world of matter can be very exciting. We’ll make sure you get plenty of individual attention as you:
- Introduced to the philosophy of Reiki
- Gain insight to an expanded view of Reiki
- Learn the history of Reiki
- Learn to experience energy fields
- Receive the Level I Attunement
- Give and receive a Reiki Treatment
Reiki II – Power of Intention Through Symbols
In this class you will learn the importance and power of symbols. In our everyday life, symbols are used in a multitude of ways. Certainly, advertisers rely heavily on symbols, but in Reiki we approach symbols with sacred reverence as they symbolize aspects of The Divine.
- You will learn three Reiki symbols and their uses, these are:
- The Power Symbol, for increasing the power and sealing off the are.
- The Mental-Emotional Symbol, for dealing with related problems from addictions to relationships
- The Absentee Symbol, for Reiki at a distance
- Receive the Level’s II Attunements
- Give and receive a Reiki treatment
Crown Point Reiki Meet up
This is a Meet Up group intended to bring Reiki and Practitioners of other Healing Arts together in Fellowship to share stories and experience's. This Meet Up usually takes place on the 3rd or 4th Sunday of the month at my massage studio in Crown Point and starts at 2:00 pm. This is an opportunity to learn, share and grow from others, meet new people and have an fun afternoon, what can be better than that. I have allowed non-practitioners to attend so they might learn more about these modalities and have questions answered in a safe and open environment. You can find this group on Meetup.com, Crown Point Reiki Meet Up
I hope to see you soon.
In Light, Love, Peace & Healing,